Now, I do not want to be a 'sweet potato pusher' but just hear me out on the list of nutrients found in sweet potato - like a one stop jar of vitamins - your source of vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin D, iron, magnesium, potassium, and beta carotene. Now are you convinced about adding sweet potatoes to your meals? Then, read on for the recipe to the best vegan sweet potato soup. This soup is simply delicious and perfect for a cold winter's day.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced (orange, purple, white or combo)
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or olive oil OR 1/4 cup water
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed or 3 cups cooked
- small handful sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 4 - 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence or thyme
- 3 or 4 handfuls kale, chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- In large pot or dutch oven, heat oil/water over medium heat, add onion and saute for 5 minutes, until onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and herbes de provence, saute 1 minute.
- Add broth, potatoes, beans and kale, bring to a boil, cover, turn down heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat add nutritional yeast and give a good stir.
- Serve immediately.