- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste or tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 - 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 organic roma tomatoes, diced or 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup uncooked lentils
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 1 bunch or package greens
- raisins or currants, to garnish, optional
- In large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add carrots, celery and onions, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry/tomato paste and garlic, stir to combine and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the curry, cumin and red pepper, mix to combine and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add lentils, tomatoes, potatoes, then broth (in this order the tomatoes and potatoes won't splash), bay leaves, salt and pepper, bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add the greens after the soup has been cooking for 15 minutes and continue to cook and stir occasionally.
- Add additional water as needed, maybe up to 1 cup.
- Serve hot.
|Watch a FREE Presentation on the benefits of a Whole Foods Diet|