This is one of the best avocado pasta I've made and you can do so much with it and make so many variations at the same time and you can always substitute the zucchini with any pasta of your choice.
- 1 large zucchini (1 per person)
- grape, cherry or mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- jalapeno, thinly sliced and seeds removed (optional)
- pea shoots (optional)
- zest of one lemon
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced thick
- a few large leaves of basil (optional)
- 1 regular lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper or black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Prepare your zucchini noodles julienne style or spiralized. Or alternately, cook your pasta of choice, about 8 ounces.
- For the puree, place all ingredients into a food processor/blender and process until creamy. Taste for flavor adding anything extra you might like.
- Toss zucchini pasta with avocado-cucumber puree and a handful of arugula. Serve with tomatoes, peas shoots, jalapenos, lemon zest, lemon wedges and fresh cracked pepper.
|Watch a FREE Presentation on the benefits of a Whole Foods Diet|