- 8 oz. favorite pasta (I used quinoa macaroni)
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or your favorite unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour (spelt, rice, tapioca or all-purpose)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- mineral salt, to taste
- Cook your pasta according to package. Drain and place back in pot, set aside.
- In a small/medium sauce pan, heat oil over medium heat, add flour and whisk to incorporate. Continue whisking and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add milk slowly, whisking constantly. Turn heat to low and cook until sauce thickens, about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Stir in nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder, chili powder and chipotle powder.
- Stir until everything is incorporated and smooth again. Taste for flavor.
- Add sauce to the pasta, toss well, add more milk as needed and serve right away.