- 1 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (made out of white whole wheat berries, or just use regular whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon aluminum free baking powder (you can absolutely taste the difference!)
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons very cold vegan margarine
- 8-10oz very cold almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Add chilled and cubed vegan margarine and use your hands to rub it into the flour until the whole mixture is kind of crumbly.
- Pour in your cold almond milk. Feel free to add almond milk or add a teaspoon or two of flour until your dough is slightly sticky, but fairly easy to handle.
- Turn dough out on to a clean, lightly floured surface. Roll dough (or press with fingers) until it is in a 1 inch thick rectangle.
- Use biscuit cutter (or jar or cup) to cut biscuits into desired size and shape.
- Place on sprayed or non-stick lined baking sheet, and bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with gravy or fruit preserves.