- 350g of firm tofu
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tomato, skinned, deseeded and diced
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- Lots of black pepper
- Spring onion, to garnish.
- Drain the tofu and crumble it with your hands into a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and gently fry the onion and garlic until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, then stir in the tofu.
- Reduce the heat slightly and season with soy sauce and black pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with some wheat toast and garnish with spring onion.