For the mayonnaise
- 125ml of soy milk
- 4tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of paprika
- 185ml mixed olive and rapeseed oil (approximate)
- Sea salt
For the salad
- 750g small red-skinned potatoes, chopped into small chunks
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1tbsp chopped fresh dill
- I cup frozen corn, thawed
- Sea salt and black pepper
- To make the mayonnaise, place the soy milk, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and paprika in a bowl.
- Whisk to combine or use an immersion blender. Slowly add the oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly until the mayonnaise is thick. Then continue with the mixing for 1 minute longer.
- Chill the mayonnaise.
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 12 to 15 minutes until just tender.
- Drain the potatoes and tip into a large bowl. Set aside until just warm.
- Drizzle the mayonnaise over the potatoes and gently mix.
- Allow to stand for at least 15 minutes to allow the potatoes to absorb the flavours.
- Stir the corn, dill and red onion into the potatoes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
|Lose 10 pounds in 10 days and keep the weight off --> Cruise Control Diet|