- 40g pine kernels (leave some to garnish)
- 50g fresh basil leaves, washed and patted dry
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 185ml of olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 350g of spaghetti
- Leftover pine kernels, to garnish
- Place the pine kernels in a frying pan over a moderate heat and toast until golden brown, turning continuously to prevent burning. Allow to cool.
- Put the basil, pine kernels, garlic and nutritional yeast in a blender. Turn on blender and gradually add the olive oil in a thin stream until the pesto is desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
- Once done, drain and toss with the pesto and garnish with toasted pine kernels.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
|Buy it Now on Amazon!|