- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 large leeks, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 litre sodium free organic vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 500 ml oat or soy milk
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 120 ml soy cream
- ground nutmeg and chives, to garnish
- Heat the oil in the saucepan, then add the leeks and garlic, cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid the leeks scorching (if leeks are scorched, they will taste bitter).
- Add the potatoes, stock and bay leaf and season to taste with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and blend the soup with an immersion blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the oat or soy milk, dill and soy cream.
- Serve garnished with chives and nutmeg.