- 1½ cups raw cashews, soaked for at least one hour, then drained
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (I used almond)
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 tbsp vegan taco seasoning
- 2 15 oz. canned black beans
- 12 oz. fresh organic salsa
- Optional garnishes: cilantro, sliced green onions
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- Place the cashews, red bell pepper, milk, chilli powder, and nutritional yeast in a high powered blender. Puree until thick and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, add the minced onion, taco seasoning, black beans and fresh salsa over medium heat. Stir constantly until heated through, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in the cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt/pepper if needed.
- Garnish as desired and serve.