- 1 red pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 yellow pepper, halved and seeded
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 25g soy margarine
- 3 large onions, finely sliced
- 3tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 175g quick-cooking polenta
For the topping
- 75ml tomato sauce
- 2tbsp soy cream (optional)
- 2tsp nutritional yeast
- 1tsp paprika
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Put peppers under a hot grill and cook until the skin blackens. Turn and repeat until the whole peppers are charred. Wrap in saran wrap, allow to cool, then remove the skin and slice.
- Heat oil and margarine in a saucepan, add the onions and cook 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Reduce heat and stir in balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and bay leaves.
- Cook until onions are rich golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- Remove bay leaves and season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cook polenta according to package directions.
- While hot, stir in the peppers, onions, parsley and thyme. Check the seasoning. Pour the polenta mixture into an already oiled dish, perhaps a flan dish. Push it down flat with your hand. Leave it to cool.
- Combine the ingredients for the topping, season to taste and spread over the top of the polenta.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the top has browned. Serve immediately.
|Buy it Now on Amazon!|