- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1tsp chili flakes
- 1 400g canned diced tomatoes
- 1 400g canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup whole wheat orzo
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups sodium free organic vegetable stock
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Grated vegan cheddar cheese, and flat-leaf parsley to garnish
- Place the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and saute for about 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and chilli flakes and saute for one more minute.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, and white beans. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for about twenty minutes.
- Add the orzo and simmer in the soup for about ten more minutes, or until the orzo becomes tender. Add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes more, or until the spinach is tender.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve, ladle a generous portion of soup into a bowl. Top with freshly grated vegan cheddar cheese, flat-leaf parsley and fresh cracked pepper.
|Whole Foods Diet to Lose Weight Fast!|