This recipe features carrots, zucchini and onion, but you can certainly add or substitute in any other veggies that you have on hand – celery, sweet potato, and squash would all work well too. This is absolutely easy and delicious to make. It just takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook - it's all vegetables, so breaking down the hardest vegetables (carrots) will not take long.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into half-moons
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning (or mixed herbs)
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 540mL can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups chopped raw kale
- 2 cups cooked lentils, rinsed and drained
- parsley, to garnish
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large pot over medium heat until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the onion, zucchini, carrots, spices, and vegetable stock to the pot and stir occasionally over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes, chickpeas, and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the kale. Add it to the pot along with the lentils and stir well. Cover the pot with a lid and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
|Watch a FREE presentation on the benefits of a Whole Foods Diet|